- How many activities does my Club have to complete from the STEM toolkit?
You and your Club may complete as many STEM activities as you would like from the toolkit—the more the merrier! Keep in mind that the more activities you complete the better chance your Club will receive funding for your STEM grant. Take what you learned in the Call to Action to create a STEM for Social Good solution.
- What is the STEM grant in the ‘Call to Action’ portion of the toolkit? In the final section of the toolkit, the ‘Call to Action’, Clubs will have the option of creating a proposal to send to Girl Up to apply for a STEM grant. This grant will be used for a social good solution that you and your Club comes up with to help aid a gender-based issue that faces your local community.
- My Club is having a hard time gathering the materials for the activities in the toolkit. Is there a place we can buy all materials?
Yes! We understand it’s costly and time-consuming to buy materials for all activities in the toolkit, so you can buy materials for the activities in the Girl Up store! Any active Club can receive a free kit of supplies. Just download the STEM for Social Good toolkit in the Girl Up Community to get your free coupon code.
2019 STEM Tour
- Who can request Girl Up to bring a STEM for Social Good training?
Any teacher/educator or Girl Up leader can request Girl Up to bring our STEM for Social Good programming to their school.
- How long is a typical STEM training?
Programming for our STEM for Social Good training can accommodate your schedule. Our training can be one hour or longer as requested, able to fit into one class period or one after-school Girl Up Club meeting.
- What types of skills will we learn during a STEM for Social Good training?
Our STEM programming includes hands-on activities from our STEM Toolkit, human-centered design training, and activities to help you build STEM social good solutions for your community.
- Do I or my Club members need to provide anything for the Girl Up STEM for Social Good training?
Girl Up provides all materials needed for our programming. We would need a classroom, basic AV equipment (projector and screen), and a room of at least 20-30 participants.
- Does it cost anything to bring Girl Up to my school or Club?
Our STEM for Social Good programming is free of cost thanks to the support of our generous partners. Additionally, Girl Up brings resources to lead STEM activities in your school and STEM for Social Good materials.
- Are there any other ways to engage with Girl Up’s STEM for Social Good programming?
Yes! You can join us at any of our one or two-day trainings in select regions around the world. These STEM for social good events provide a more in-depth experience and exposure to women in STEM fields. Please reference our Events tab for more information on how to sign up for these events.