Join Team Girl Up for the 2015 GORE-TEX Philadelphia Marathon!
This beautiful course and engaging atmosphere is a favorite for both new and experienced runners, which is why it’s consistently listed among the top ten race courses in the country. The race is recognized for its flat terrain, mellow weather and spirited fans—with thousands of spectators that cheer on the runners as they pass through Fairmount Park, the Schuylkill River, the historic district and ending the race at the steps of the majestic Art Museum. Team Girl Up is recruiting runners for both the marathon and half-marathon.
Why join Team Girl Up?
Team Girl Up is a passionate community of runners who receive special benefits and support from Girl Up, including:
- Girl Up’s 4-month marathon and half-marathon training plans
- Team Girl Up fundraising guide and a personalized fundraising page
- Weekly Team Girl Up newsletters with training and fundraising tips
- Team Girl Up Dri-FIT race day shirt and water bottle
- Webinars and volunteer-led training runs to meet other Team Girl Up runners
- Pre-race dinner and Girl Up cheer zones along the race course
What are the requirements to participate?
Members of Team Girl Up are asked to:
- Register for an upcoming race as an official Team Girl Up runner
- Commit to raise at least $850 for a full marathon or $750 for a half-marathon
- Participate in Team Girl Up training and race-weekend activities, when desired