- I am a self-identified girl between the ages of 15 to 18 during the time of camp.
- I am a citizen of Malawi, Liberia, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia or the United States of America.
- I have the expressed permission of a parent or guardian.
- I can obtain regular access (at least once per week) to the internet.
- I am able to attend the full duration of camp and have permission from my school if the dates conflict with my classes.
- I have at least one year of secondary school still left to complete.
- I have never participated in the WiSci: Girls STEAM Camp before.
- I have an interest in the STEAM fields and demonstrated leadership potential.
- I am able to obtain a passport to travel to Malawi by May 20, 2017, or have a passport that is valid for at least six months beyond July 2017.